Bacon! Who doesn't love bacon? Bacon makes everything taste better.
Try this Bacon Crusted Burger the next time you fire up the grill.
The ingredients are simple :
- 1 3/4 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 pounds bacon
- freshly ground black pepper (large grind)
- Pre-heat the oven to 500 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and lay the bacon slices flat, careful not to overlap them.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes (keep an eye on them to make sure they get crispy but not burned).
- Once crispy transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Once cooled, chop the bacon into small pieces and divide into two equal portions in shallow bowls (one will be for the bottom layer and the other for the top layer).
- Use the Burger Master to quickly coat and divide 8 quarter pound burgers at once.
- Spread the first portion of bacon into the bottom tray of the Burger Master container (if not using, then hand form the patties and press into the bowls of bacon to coat each side of the patty).
- Grind the pepper onto each side of the patties.
There is no salt needed for this recipe because the bacon adds enough flavour and salt to the meat.
I used a fresh cheese bun and melted some cheese on one of the patties, then made a double burger topped with Dijon mayo. Delicious!