Brownie Cookies (Gluten Free)
Makes: 20 cookies Prep time: 15 min Baking time: 8 - 10 min
- 6 oz dark bittersweet chocolate pieces
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 4-1/2 tsp arrowroot powder
- 1/2 cup white chocolate or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F .
- Place chocolate in a microwaveable bowl and heat on medium power for 30 second intervals until chocolate melts completely (make sure to stir in-between each 30 second interval). Once completely melted set bowl aside.
- Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat egg whites until they form soft peaks. Gradually beat in 1 cup sugar and continue beating until mixture appears creamy. Add vanilla.
- In a separate small bowl, use a whisk to combine the cocoa and arrowroot powder. Add the dry ingredients and beat on low speed just until the dry ingredients are fully incorporated with the egg mixture.
- Stir in warm chocolate, once mixture thickens add the chocolate chips, continue to stir until incorporated.
- Place rounded tablespoons of dough onto greased or parchment paper lined baking sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Spread remaining cookie dough into The Smart Cookie™ and store in the freezer for future use.
Smart Cookie Baking Tips
To avoid tough cookies, do not over beat the cookie dough. Mix the dough only until the dry ingredients are incorporated into the wet ingredients.