Looking for an easy and delicious appetizer to serve at your next gathering? Well look no further! These Cheeseburger Bites are made with store bought puff pastry and your Smart Cookie container will both shape and store these bites conveniently in your freezer until they are ready to bake.
- 200g store bought puff pastry, thawed
- 2oz ground beef
- 1/2 cup shredded marble cheddar cheese (add more if you want a really cheesy result).
1. Season to taste and brown the ground beef in a pan on medium heat, once cooked through, set aside to cool.
2. Roll out the puff pastry and then press into the bottom tray of The Smart Cookie (if you will not be freezing the bites before baking, you might want to add a little flour to the bottom of the puff pastry so it doesn't stick to tray).
3. Once the beef has cooled to room temperature sprinkle it evenly over the puff pastry.
4. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the beef.
5. Place The Smart Cookie lid over the bottom tray and seal on all sides - now you will have 14 individual bites ready to store in the fridge or freezer until ready to bake.
1. Preheat the oven to 375F.
2. Place the bites on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
3. If baking from frozen - bake for 20 minutes
If baking from the fridge - bake for 8-10 minutes (until the tops and edges and golden brown)
4. Serve immediately!