I used to make chocolate truffles every Christmas, but once life got too busy with kids I found that it was too time consuming to have to roll each ball by hand. Now with the Meatball Master, I can easily make 32 truffles in a flash!
This recipe is just a guideline for an easy truffle base, you can add all types of flavorings to this base such as almond extract, liqueur, peppermint extract, vanilla etc.
- 35 oz Dark Belgian Chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
- Place chopped chocolate and butter into medium sized, microwave safe bowl.
- Bring heavy cream to a simmer and pour over chocolate, let sit for 2 minutes.
- Stir the chocolate mixture, if not melted all the way place in the microwave* and heat on high in 30 second increments until completely melted. Stir in between each 30 second interval.
- Pour the mixture into the Meatball Master**, spread evenly then place the lid on top to seal. Place in the fridge or freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Once chilled, roll the truffles in desired coatings such as cocoa, chopped white chocolate, coconut flakes, chopped nuts.
- Truffles can be frozen for up to 6 months before and after being rolled in coatings.
* If you don't have a microwave, you can place the bowl over a pot of simmering water and stir until completely melted.
** If you do not have a Meatball Master, you can form truffles by using a small cookie scoop or teaspoon to scoop out the chilled truffle mixture into the coatings.