Crab Cake Poppers
- 4 cans lump crab meat (120g each can)
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1.5 cups panko bread crumbs, divided
- 1 tbsp pepper
- salt to taste
- Add all ingredients to a medium sized bowl except for 3/4 cup of the Panko bread crumbs.
- Mix all ingredients until well incorporated.
- Sprinkle half of the remaining Panko bread crumbs across the bottom of a Meatball Master container.
- Spread the crab mixture evenly on the bottom of the Meatball Master container. Sprinkle the remainder of the Panko bread crumbs over the crab mixture.
- Place the lid on top of the Meatball Master and place in the freezer for at least an hour to make the poppers easier to remove and handle.
- Place poppers on a baking sheet sprayed with vegetable oil. Spray the poppers with oil as well.
- Place under broiler for 5 minutes, turn the poppers over and broil for an additional 5 minutes or until browned.
- Serve with dipping sauce such as aioli or seafood sauce.