Creamy Buffalo Chicken Linguine
This one pot pasta dish is made easy by using a rotisserie chicken from your local grocery store. It's loaded with flavour and is sure to become a family favorite!
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup bottled buffalo wing hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon powdered ranch dressing mix
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black or white pepper
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon cold water
- 16 oz linguine noodles, boiled until almost al dente (still firm to the bite)
- meat from 1 rotisserie chicken (approximately 1 pound of meat)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook pasta in boiling water. Boil pasta for 2-3 minutes less then directed on the package (the pasta will cook further when simmered in the sauce so you don't want it to get too mushy). Rinse pasta under cold water and set aside.
- In the same pot used to boil the pasta add the first 9 ingredients (broth through to cheddar cheese). Whisk the mixture until all the cheeses have melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Whisk into the sauce the corn starch mixed with water.
- Add the noodles and chicken, stir until all the pasta is covered with sauce, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve immediately, sprinkle the parsley on top of each serving.
This recipe freezes nicely. Just store any leftovers in a Shape+Store freezer container.
Watch the recipe video: