Creamy Chicken Pasta
I love a cheesy, creamy, rich pasta - usually when I eat out this is what I order because I think it is too much trouble to make at home, especially for one person (no one else in my family has the same cheese addiction that I do).
Thankfully I found a recipe that is not only easy to make (and also easy to adapt to ingredients available on hand), but I now have a container to conveniently store leftovers.
Now I can stay home and enjoy a restaurant quality meal!
My mom also taste tested this dish - at first she didn't want to try it because she didn't think she liked creamy sauces (this was news to me), but after finishing up every last bite she gave me a thumbs up and said that I can make it again for her anytime. Success!
This recipe calls for heavy cream and 2% milk but you can also opt to use Half & Half instead. I used dried basil but you can use any spices you prefer such as Italian spice blend, or fresh basil if you have it.
Creamy Chicken Pasta
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 jar sundried tomatoes packed in oil (approximately 1/2 cup)
- 1 pound roasted chicken, shredded
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups shredded mozarella cheese
- 8 oz penne pasta
- 1 tbsp dried italian spice blend
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- garnish with freshly chopped parsley
- Boil the pasta until al dente, drain, rinse and set aside.
- In a deep medium sized saute pan heat the milk and cream until just starting to boil.
- Add the cheese and whisk until all the cheese is melted.
- Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, spices and sun dried tomatoes - stir to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Taste the sauce before adding the salt. Add salt to taste.
- Carefully add the pasta and then the chicken - stir until all the pasta is coated with the delicious sauce.
- Serve immediately, garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
Save leftovers in Shape+Store's Freezer Buddy.
Once frozen you can remove as many portions as needed (each section holds 1/3 cup portions). Place frozen portions either into a microwavable bowl or into a pan to reheat.
Let me know if you tried this recipe.
Recipe adapted from http://juliasalbum.com/2014/10/chicken-mozzarella-pasta-with-sun-dried-tomatoes/