I love this recipe for several reasons, other then the fact that it is delicious! It only requires 5 staple ingredients and can be made in one pot which makes cleaning quick and easy.
- 1 pound dry pasta noodles
- 3 cups pasta sauce
- 3 cups water
- 10 - 15 meatballs (raw frozen or fresh)
- 2 cups shredded marble cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup bacon bits (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- To an oven safe casserole dish or cast iron pot add pasta, sauce, water and meatballs. Make sure all the noodles are covered with water sauce mixture.
- Cover pot with aluminum foil and create a tight seal.
- Check the noodles after 30-35 minutes. If not cooked enough place back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil and sprinkle the cheese, bacon and parsley (if using) on top and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Leftovers can be stored in the freezer.