Healthy 2 bean chili
Give this hearty two bean chili a try. It is so tasty and filling you won't even miss the meat!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 small jalapeno, sliced, seeds removed
- 1 can tomato paste (156 ml/5.5 fl oz)
- 1 can pinto beans (540 ml/19 fl oz)
- 1 can black beans (540 ml/19 fl oz)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (796 ml/28 fl oz)
- 2 sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 can corn (341 ml/ 12 fl oz)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- cilantro chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a pot on medium heat.
- Saute the onions in the olive oil, once transparent add the chili powder, cumin and jalapenos, stir until fragrant.
- Add the remaining ingredients up to the sweet potatoes.
- Bring the chilil to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes (check to make sure the sweet potato is tender by piercing with a fork).
- Serve topped with sliced avocado, extra jalapeno slices, chopped cilantro and a squirt of lime.