Irresistible Peanut Butter Cookies
Makes: 24 cookies Prep time: 15 min Baking time: 8 - 10 min
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar (more for sprinkling on each cookie before baking)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream together butter, peanut butter, sugars and vanilla. Beat in eggs.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir into batter.
- Put batter in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- After refrigeration is complete, use a small ice cream scooper or teaspoons to form 1 inch balls of dough to place on baking sheet. Flatten each ball with a fork, making a criss-cross pattern. Sprinkle each cookie with brown sugar.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies begin to brown. Do not over-bake!
- Spread remaining cookie dough into The Smart Cookie™ and store in the freezer for future use.
Smart Cookie Baking Tips
To quickly bring refrigerated butter to room temperature, slice into even sections (about half an inch wide) and leave on the counter. Butter will be ready when it is soft to the touch.