One Pan Pasta and Meatballs
For the Meatballs
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 egg
- 12 oz dry spaghetti
- 24 oz marina sauce
- 2 cups water, plus extra as needed
- 10 slices mozzarella
- Italian seasoning for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Prepare the meatballs by mixing all the ingredients, beef, herbs, egg, breadcrumbs and pesto, in a medium sized bowl.
- Spread the meatball mixture across the bottom of the Meatball Master tray. Place lid on top and press down across entire lid to ensure that the cutters go all the way through the meat. '
- Set aside.
- In a 12" by 9" pan add the sauce, water and spaghetti. Move the pasta around to make sure that each strand is coated in sauce.
- Add desired number of meatballs on top of pasta (place Meatball Master in freezer if there are any leftover).
- Cover pan with foil and seal around all the edges. Place in oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (until the meatballs are no longer pink inside). Halfway through the baking time, remove pan from oven and stir the pasta a bit, adding more water if needed.
- After baking is completed, remove the foil, layer cheese on top and sprinkle with Italian spices. Broil for 3-5 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and browned.
- Serve with parmesan cheese and more fresh herbs.