Scrumptious Oatmeal Cookies
Makes: 20 cookies Prep Time: 10 min Baking Time: 8 -12 min
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat or all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup toffee pieces
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, white sugar and egg until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Stir in the oats, chocolate chips and toffee pieces. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto greased or parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until the cookie edges turn a light golden brown. Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Spread remaining cookie dough into The Smart Cookie™ and store in the freezer for future use.
Smart Cookie Baking Tips
To keep your brown sugar moist and ready to use at all times, place a slice of apple or half a slice of bread into the sugar container.
If your brown sugar happens to be hard as a brick, it`s not too late, you can salvage it by placing it in the microwave for a few seconds. Once softened you can then add the apple or bread to maintain the moisture for future use.