Simple But Tasty Potato Leek Soup
This soup is so comforting on a cold winter day. To make the meal more substantial pair the soup with some cheese toast.
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 potato, cubed
- 2 leek stalks, white section only, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tsp Italian spice mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring broth to a boil.
- Place all ingredients into pot with broth, bring to a boil then reduce to simmer.
- Simmer for 15 or until potato is fork tender.
- Using either a blender or an immersion blender, puree soup until smooth.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.
- Store any remaining soup in a Shape+Store freezer container.