Thai Squash and Sweet Potato Soup
Keep warm and healthy this winter with this delicious thai inspired soup! Roasting the vegetables brings out their natural sweetness and adds depth of flavour.
- 1 small butternut squash (3 cups chopped, seeds removed)
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp red curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 14 oz coconut milk
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place chopped vegetables (squash, shallots, sweet potato, carrots, garlic) on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Roast vegetables for 20-25 minutes or until fork tender.
- Place the roasted vegetables in a large pot. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend the soup with a hand held or stand alone blender until smooth.
- Garnish with roasted chickpeas or fresh basil leaves (optional)